- Ensure that the regulator is fully off before you mount the regulator on the CO2 cartridge.
- Fill the diffuser-chamber with water.
- Place the cartridge in the rack, slide the suction cups on the hose and mount the hose to the regulator and the diffuser.
- Mount the diffuser with the suction cups at the inner side of the tank near the bottom and place the hose in the back corner.
- Leave the diffuser for 24h in the tank to ensure the ceramic disc is fully moistened.
- Open the regulator carefully and count the number of bubbles per minute in the diffuser-chamber.
- Wait 5 minutes, adjust and repeat until the number of bubbles per minute is similar to the recommendation in the table.
The table shows recommended dosage (bubbles per minute) in different tank sizes. A 95 g CO2 cartridge contains 50,000 ml CO2.
The most important nutrient for plants is CO2.
The natural CO2 level in an aquarium is 0-0.5 mg/L of water.
Even the slightest addition of CO2 can make a big difference improving the growth and vigour of the plants.
If the aquarium contains only slow-growing Easy-plants, the addition of CO2 gas into the water should reach a level of approx. 3 mg/L to ensure good growth conditions.
For Medium category plants the CO2 requirement is approximately 10 mg/L and for Advanced plants approx. 25 mg/L.
*) If you have a larger aquarium containing vor Advanced plants, the lifetime of a nano-cartridge will be too short. In this case we recommend a larger cylinder e.g. 2 kg refillable.
All figures are approximate.
No customer comments for the moment.